Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hmmm...

First of all, I want to thank those of you who commented on my last two posts. Second of all for the rest of you out there, I donzt want you to think that i'm flip-flopping on the subject either. Please allow me to explain.
I have just made a cross country move here in the US and I've been feeling kind of lonely because I haven't been able to see my friend.
In other news, I was chatting with Matt from "Rhythm Changes" yesterday and he asked me if I was like the typical truck driver as far as size goes and what not. It kind of hurt my feelings a little because I'm a person too. For those of you who don't know, I'm a big guy...abt 350lbs and 6 feet tall. Kind of like a football player.
I'm sorry about this post being all over the place but these are just a few things I wanted to get out.

Hugs
Jayson

5 comments:

  1. Now hey there, I didn't mean to hurt any feelings. And I didn't mean size wise, I was more picturing a beard and trucker cap and slightly unkempt appearance. And there isn't anything wrong with being overweight either, it drives me up the wall when people say things about other people based on weight because there are a lot of factors that people never take into consideration. The puritanical belief that being overweight is a sign of moral weakness is complete B.S. and I think a lot of Americans are pulled in to it.

    Sorry didn't mean to go off, but the last thing I ever want to do is make anyone feel bad. I'm usually quite blunt sometimes and I forget that, so if I ever say something that seems hurtful know that it is in jest and I would never say something mean on purpose.

    I'm really sorry again if I was being a jerk, it won't happen again.


    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to note your statement there Ryhythm,(which I agree with) The puritanical belief that being overweight is a sign of moral weakness is complete B.S. and I think a lot of Americans are pulled in to it.

    And yet, America is the land of the obese. Are those same self-righteous folks the one standing on line at McDonalds?

    Anyway - also being a big man, I give a big *Hug* to Jayson. I'm sure Matt didn't mean anything by it - but its often a very sensitive issue with people.

    Errr.. I have no idea what I was actually trying to say here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't sweat it - we all have our days

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people would say "Better built for comfort, than speed."

    G =]

    ReplyDelete

Same as everyone else's....Be nice